Wednesday, July 05, 2006

 

Amazing Herb Jamieson Center





Saturday was my last shift at the Hope Mission Herb Jamieson Center. This was probably the most intense job I ever had or will have. Everyday was a new adventure. The Herb definitly had the most inetesting people ever. My favourite client was Paul, no hands down. Unforunatly Paul suffers from seizures but still refuses to take care of his body. This man needs tons of prayer. He often showed up and said certain key phrases that have stuck in my mind. Here is a list of Paul's top 5 sayings:
1. I like to walk alone
2. You know how stubborn I can be
3. I love it!
4. Gimme a bag lunch
5. Call the cops!

Other saying that didn't make the top 5 are, "Have you seen bearclaw?", "Gimme a hot meal", and "Worry about me". "I walk alone" is the saddest phrase I've ever heard, it sounds so lonely and depressing.

I also got to work with some great people such as Doyle, Tim, Jared, Mike, Anthony, Rev. Bob, Mark, Denis, Violet, Lincon, Ron, Bob P, Tamba George, Sunday, Mophat, Joey, Vladamir, Rick, Drew, Anjele, Evan, Nicole, Michala, Tanya, Sri, Norman, Michael, Chris, Otto, Jim, John, Joe, Michelle, David, Randy, Quinn, Norma, and Monique. You guys all rock, keep up the good work.

Comments:
My favorite Paulism's:


"Hey, why you such a hard a**?!"
"Hey, hard a**!!"(punches door/window)
"Do you know who I am?"
"Have you seen my cousin?"
"You know my attitude!"

All the best to you and Katie, Aaron. It was a pleasure working with you. God bless.

Tim
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?